Crystals, colours and more: Easy steps for bringing positivity into your home and lifestyle
Some of the best ways to improve your mood and boost your energy come from simple and easy adjustments in life and around your environment, but they can be easy to forget living in a fast paced world. Energy flows through every living thing, and there are so many factors that influence your energy levels and it’s up to us to find the best ways to bring it up if its dipping low.
Whether you call it energy, chi, life force, universal energy or prana, its likely you’ve experienced energy in many ways. Even if you are not aware of your energy much, there have likely been times when you have just felt that a person, place or thing has “bad energy”. You know, that drained or uneasy feeling you get when you are around them or it.
On the other hand, you have also probably come across some people, places or things that simply make you feel great!
From a very basic scientific standpoint, everything in this world, including you, is made up from energy that vibrates at different frequencies, thus determining your experiences.
Many quantum physicists have further determined that your emotions are “energy in motion” and they surround your physical body.
It’ estimated that around 95 percent of all doctor’s visits are stress related, which is directly linked to our emotional state, and it’s claimed that 85 percent of all diseases have an emotional element, so the more you can do to bring in positive energy, lighten your mood and raise your vibration, the better your health will be overall.
I’ve compiled my top list of simple steps for improving energy, that are designed to be introduced at home and into every day life. Remember that it takes 21 days to create a new habit, and 90 days to become part of your lifestyle.
1. Salt Lamps – There has been so much hype over salt lamps recently that I’ve been inundated with questions that I felt it really needed to be addressed.
Himalayan salt lamps not only emit a soothing orange, red, pink or whitish glow, they also emit healing negative ions that create fresh, clean air. Himalayan salt is known to increase your energy levels, remove static electricity from the air, and neutralize allergens. It also promotes good sleep and improve your overall mood. I have many clients that swear by the benefits from Salt lamps, and I do use them in some meditation classes and everyone certainly enjoys them.
Many people argue that salt lamps may just be a placebo, in which case they will still work. It’s been proven that regardless if someone knows they are being given a placebo or not, they still experience positive healing.
2. Play Music - The benefits of music are endless. Music has existed in one form or another since man could bang sticks and stones together. While it has evolved with technology, it has always been a cultural form of entertainment and has a host of healing effects on the body. Music can also alter your vibration or that of the space it fills, which is why concerts and such events can be so energetic and memorable.
Numerous studies show that music can provide positive benefits for your heart, blood pressure, immune system, energy, learning and memory, sleep and even pain management
To fill your home with positive vibes, play music that is uplifting and brings you joy. Certain types of music are also shown to boost positive energy including classical, jazz, folk, orchestral, soul and opera, but I’m also a big believer in playing your favourite music that reminds you of good times!
3. Pets - Family pets can bring a lot of love and joy to a home. Just as they love us, they teach us how to love unconditionally and can raise your vibration and that of your home. Studies show they can keep us healthy in a variety of ways, both physically and emotionally.
4. Fresh flowers and plants - Nature really is a free antidepressant, and uplifts and raises your vibration so bring it into your home whenever you can.
5. Colour boost - We all have a favourite colour but did you know that studies show that certain colours have higher vibrations than others? So however you find a way to introduce it into more of life, from clothes, ornaments, jewellery or something else entirely, choose a colour that connects to you as an individual.
Orange - Creates excitement and boosts your energy.
Red - Red can raises the energy in a room drastically and it is known to increase adrenaline and circulation. Because of this, it can be far too stimulating for some spaces or even people as it can also invoke feelings of rage and hostility. It is definitely not a good choice for a bedroom where you want peace and tranquillity.
Green - Green is the easiest colour for your eyes and it encourages a feeling of well-being, calm and growth.
Yellow - This vibrant colour is energizing and uplifting and creates joy (like being in the sunshine). It also stimulates happiness but like too much of a good thing, too much yellow can cause frustration and anger in some people.
Blue - blue can be calming, relaxing and serene like the ocean or water in general, it can also cause sadness in some people—the “blues.”
Purple - Deep tones convey a sense of luxury, creativity and drama while lighter hues such as lavenders are more soothing.
6. Crystals - People have been using crystals for healing and raising energy and vibrations levels for thousands of years, and you don’t have to strong spiritual connections to use them.
Always recharge your crystals in moonlight be leaving them on a window sill at least once a month (that’s what I’ve always been told) and you can keep a crystal with you in a pocket, by your bedside, a desk or a room. There is so much information available on crystals and how to use them, but I’ve put together a quick list of the most popular crystals to help raise your vibration and boost positive energy.
Clear Quartz Crystal - High vibration master crystal that brings clarity to your mind and soul.
Smoky quartz - Removes negative energy.
Rose quartz - Opens and heals heart energy.
Turquoise - The master healer regarded for its protective and ‘lucky’ properties.
Bloodstone - Energizes, boosts enthusiasm and emotional wellbeing.
Carnelian - Attracts good fortune and encourages creativity and motivation.
Celestite - Reduces stress and encourages happiness.
Citrine - Grounding.
Aventurine - Brings new opportunities.
Amethyst - High vibration crystal that promotes higher consciousness, calmness, serenity, and healing.
7. Open a window - It’s no surprise that a home that is lacking in fresh, clean air can be stuffy and unpleasant for the simple reason it is lacking in a fresh source of oxygen. By just opening up your windows once a day (even for a few minutes on a cold day) you can help release built-up toxins and help positive energy flow into your home. And if you don't want to open the window, open your curtains! Let that light in!
8. Meditate! - Bring positive energy into your life by clearing your negatives thoughts and refocusing your mind. Meditation will free you from stress and fear while also promoting relaxation and happiness.
As you increase your good vibrations, it will also affect your environment and improve your concentration, awareness, and self-acceptance and promote better heart health, immune function, and longevity. And remember, just do what you can, when you can!
9. Cut Down on Electronics – Yes, I know your reading this on a device right now.
But any device can easily become a distraction that make you unproductive and lowers your energy.
10. Create a Space for Relaxation - Whether its a small space or a room, it's best once it's de-cluttered!
Your home should be your sanctuary and having a dedicated space that’s just for yourself where you can relax even for a few minutes can give you peace of mind and raise your vibration. I'm not saying everything has to be completely clean and tidy, but the less cluttered your environment is, the freer your mind becomes!
So I hope you find some of these tips helpful, and of course let me know your thoughts or share ideas too!
Love & Light Jennifer xx
For those who do wish to bring positivity into their mind and body with Meditation, why not try one of our free relaxation audios or meditations when you receive updates.